**The following is an excerpt from our Orchard newsletter. Please subscribe if you’d like information like this delivered right to your inbox**
Wow, we’ve been really, really busy here getting ready for the upcoming season! I have a ton of different things to talk about, so I’ll try to keep each of them as brief as I can.
- Strawberry Jamboree – Mark your calendars for our third annual Strawberry Jamboree! This year we’re expanding it to two days, and it’ll be on the 17th and 18th of June. In addition to strawberries and strawberry picking, the Wayne County Humane Society will be visiting on Saturday. We’ll also have food trucks both days and a whole lot more! We’re still working on adding a couple other things, but you can check out the current schedule on facebook or our website. I’m sure I’ll write more about it next newsletter.
- Jam and Jelly Class – Speaking of events (a lot of this edition of the newsletter will be about upcoming events), the evening before the Strawberry Festival, June 16th, Melinda Hill will be visiting from OSU Extension to teach a class on making homemade jams and jellies using water bath canning. Her classes are always fun and very informative. For more info and to register, you can go to our Events page.
- Asparagus – We’re coming to the end of asparagus season. I would give it maybe another week before we have to stop cutting. The plants need some growing time so they’ll come back strong again next year.
- Strawberries – I’m currently expecting the strawberries to be ready this year in very early June, at least a few days ahead of normal. But I’ll write more as soon as I know for sure.
- Closed May 28th – Finally (for the Orchard side of things) we’ll be closed this coming Sunday, May 28th. I had mentioned in the previous Orchard newsletter being closed the whole weekend, but we were able to get the market staffed on Saturday, so we’ll only have to be closed one business day. When you hear from me next, I’ll be happily married!
- Music and Food at Bent Ladder – Over at Bent Ladder, we have a packed schedule coming up! Starting with June 2nd and 3rd, Fran is working to get just about every Friday and Saturday evening filled with food trucks and music. It kicks off on the 2nd with Gretchen Pleuss and Up in Smoke BBQ, followed the next night by Shelby Olive and Word of Mouth BBQ. You can see the current schedule on the Bent Ladder Events page. Fran’s still adding more.
- Side Note – With all these Bent Ladder events coming up, there’s no way I’ll be able to keep you up to date on everything in the Orchard newsletter. I’ll do my best, but I don’t want them to keep being this long. Please subscribe to the Bent Ladder newsletter so you don’t miss anything, and maybe think about bookmarking the Events page.
- Finally…Classes : We’ve got two at Bent Ladder coming up really soon. The first is a Sip and Paint this Thursday, May 25th. You’ll be working on painting sunflowers like the ones to the left/above. For more details and to register, click here.
- We’re calling the second class Sip and Stamp. Katie Mullins will be back on June 3rd, teaching you how to make your own stamped pendant and earring set. For more details and to register, click here.
Whew…that’s the end of the marathon! I hope at least a couple of you hung in here with me. Until next time, thanks for your interest and your patronage. I’ll talk to you again soon!